I think zucchini is an amazing vegetable.You can create so many different recipes that you can have something different every time This week in celebration of Hanukkah I am making Zucchini Latkes (GF/DF), a holiday treat many of us crave this time of year. Although traditionally made from potatoes, latkes are equally wonderful, not to mention healthier made from any variety of vegetables. This time I used zucchini, but feel free to use your imagination and try other vegetable like my Carrot and Parsnip Latkes I made last year.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- sea salt to taste
- coconut oil for frying
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off and discard.
- Cut the zucchini into large chunks.
- Toss them along with the onion and garlic into the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg.
- Mix in the contents of the food processor into the bowl and add the flour and seasonings.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into your heated pan with the coconut oil and cook over medium high heat until browned, turning over gently cooking on both sides. Remove from pan, blot on a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt if you like. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!