|Banana Walnut Nut Balls|
Recipe: Makes about 20 Balls
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts; Note: You can alternatively, use a mixture of several nuts if you chose.
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- additional chopped walnuts for rolling the balls in Note: I used chopped walnuts, however some other options are coconut or chocolate chips.
- In a food processor blend dates, banana, cinnamon and water.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, add the coconut and almond flours and mix together.
- In the food processor blend the walnuts and flax seeds.
- Mix the nut mixture into the large bowl as well. I found it easiest to use my hands to mix it all together.
- Lastly in the food processor, blend the additional walnuts and an additional 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll one tablespoon of the dough mixture into about 20 balls.
- Roll each ball in the walnut and cinnamon mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!