|Crispy Kale Chips|
- 2 bunches of fresh kale, washed, thoroughly dried and torn into large pieces ( A timesaving shortcut is to use the packaged, triple washed kale which is already torn into pieces. You can find this at both Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, as well as many other grocery stores.)
- olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the kale with the olive oil and salt. It is best to do this with your hands to make sure all the kale is nicely coated. Use the salt sparingly as it will condense on the final chips.
- Using 2 baking sheets lay the kale out flat. ( Lining the cookie sheets with parchment paper is another option.)
- Bake approximately 7 to 9 minutes, checking frequently. You want to remove the chips from the oven before they are totally crisp, as they will crisp up a little further when cooling.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to give the chips a little kick, if desired.
Stay tuned for the recipe for the Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip tomorrow…...