|Easiest Sweet Noodle Kugel|
- 8 oz of wide noodles ("GEFEN" makes a wide noodle that is gluten, soy and dairy free. If you cannot find these in your grocery or speciality store they can be ordered from Amazon. An alternate brand of noodles is "Mrs. Glee's" Old Fashion Noodles also gluten, soy and dairy free which can also be found on Amazon.)
- 1 cup of dark raisins
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of vanilla coconut milk yogurt (I like the SO Delicious "greek style" coconut cultured cream for this recipe.)
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance buttery spread, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of vanilla flavored coconut milk (I like the So Delicious brand)
- 4 cups of gluten free cornflakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9x2 glass baking dish with a little Earth Balance buttery spread.
- Spread the uncooked noodles over the bottom of the prepared dish and sprinkle with raisins.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, yogurt, melted Earth Balance, and sugar until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the noodles and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the cornflakes with the brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the kugel.
- Bake the kugel for about an hour or until the center is set. Cut into squares and serve. Can be served warm or at room temperature.