|Mac and Cheese|
- 1 pound of gluten free elbow macaroni Note: I like to use either the Schars or Bonavita which are both made from corn and stay firm when cooked.
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese alternative Note: I like to use either the Daiya or Veggie brands.
- 3 tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour Note: I like the Bob's Red Mill brand.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups of SO Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance ( butter alternative; gluten, soy and dairy free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or grease a casserole dish with either the Earth Balance or Glick's cooking spray which is gluten, soy and dairy free.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain well.
- While the macaroni is cooking combine 2 cups of the cheese, flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Combine with the cooked macaroni. Add the SO Delicious Coconut Milk and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese alternative and dot with the Earth Balance. (This step is optional.)
- Cook for 45 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes to firm up prior to serving.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/; DIY Tuesday http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2014/07/gluten-free-diy-tuesday-link-7-Thanks again for visiting my blog and please do not forget to sign up using the box on the top right to receive all my upcoming email updates via subscription. Have a great day!