|"Guilt Free" Panko Crusted Oven Fried Chicken|
Ingredients: Serves 4 to 6
- 3 pounds bone in skinless chicken thighs and/or legs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite non dairy milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups panko style gf bread crumbs Note: I use "Kinnikinnick GF Panko Style Bread Crumbs."
- Soy Free olive oil cooking spray or olive oil Note: "Glick's" makes a soy free olive oil cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish generously with the olive oil spray, or if using olive oil coat the bottom of the dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic powder, dijon, red pepper flakes, non dairy milk, salt and pepper. Pour the panko crumbs into a second bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the egg mixture and then roll in the panko crumbs. Arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Spray tops of the chicken with the cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. When the chicken is finished, the tops should be starting to turn golden brown.
This recipe was shared at Allergy-Free Wednesday