|Gooey, Delicious Banana Boats|
- 4 bananas
- 4 tablespoons of crunchy style almond butter Note: I like the "All Natural, BARNEY ALMOND BUTTER"
- dark chocolate chunks Note : The Enjoy Life brand is gluten/soy and dairy free
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- mini marshmallows Note: Elyon brand is gluten/soy and dairy free ( not all marshmallows are soy free). If you cannot find these in your local market they are available on Amazon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bananas length wise with a "T" across each end so you can peel back the skin neatly. With the back of a spoon mash the banana flesh to create a flat surface.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the almond butter on each banana, as prepared above. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows and pecans, in that order.
- Place each banana individually on a piece of aluminum foil and seal loosely at the top.
- Cook in the oven for about 8 minutes or until the marshmallows and chocolate chips begin to melt.