This is an incredibly simple and easy recipe for Salmon Pinwheels. It makes for the perfect hors d'oeuvre for any gathering. It works well for both a winter party or a summer outdoor barbecue.
- 8 ounces Daiya cream cheese alternative, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained (optional)
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, red onion, and basil in a bowl until completely blended.
- On a piece of waxed paper, arrange the smoked salmon slices in a rectangle about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long, slightly overlapping each piece. (If the salmon slices are cut irregularly, simply piece them together.)
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the salmon, sprinkle with the capers, and roll up like a jellyroll.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm, then cut into 1/2-inch slices
Shared at Gluten Free Wednesdays.