|Almond Crusted Salmon|
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 24 ounces of salmon fillet, skinned, sliced into 6-ounce pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Garlicky Broccolini (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse salmon under cold water. Squeeze the lemon juice onto each of the pieces and set aside.
- Place the sliced almonds in a small bowl. In a second bowl whisk together the honey and mustard. Brush each piece of salmon with the honey mustard mixture and then coat the tops with the sliced almonds.
- Place the salmon on a prepared baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the almonds begin to brown. Serve immediately, seasoning with salt and pepper, with the garlicky broccolini.
Garlicky Broccolini Ingredients:
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 to 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a full boil. Blanch the broccolini for 2 minutes or until bright green and crisp. Transfer to ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil, add the lemon zest, garlic and lemon juice. Heat for 1 minute and then add the broccolini to the pan. Toss the broccolini with the other ingredients and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the broccolini to a serving dish and season with salt and pepper.