Ingredients: ( Makes 8 large or 12 regular size muffins)
- 5 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of your favorite non dairy milk, warmed
- 1 1/3 cups of gluten free all purpose baking flour (not regular gluten free flour) Note: Arrowhead Mills, Hodgson Mill, Bella and King Arthur all make "gluten free all purpose baking mix."
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the Earth Balance buttery spread with the light brown sugar .
- Add the molasses and the egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cocoa powder, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the warmed non dairy milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the hot milk mixture.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins bounce back when touched.
- If desired you can glaze the muffins by combining 1 tablespoon of Earth Balance, 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar and a couple of tablespoons of non dairy milk until desired consistency is reached. Note: add the non dairy milk if the consistency is too thick to spread on the muffins.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursday,