This Spinach Guacamole Party Dip is another tasty way to include more leafy green vegetables in your diet! It is also naturally gluten and dairy free. The perfect accompaniment to my Homemade Gluten Free Baked Pita Chips. A cinch to make and can be easily transported.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup diced ripe avocado (about 2 medium size)
- 1/2 cup SO Delicious Plain "Greek Style" coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
Place the pulp from the avocado in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks. Add the chopped tomato to the bowl. Break out the food processor. Add all of the remaining ingredients and pulse to break down. Transfer to the bowl with the mashed avocado and tomato and mix thoroughly.
And here is recipe number 2………..
This is a super simple, easy and as always gluten, soy and dairy free Avocado with Yogurt Dip.
- 2 6 ounce containers of SO Delicious "Greek Style" plain coconut milk yogurt
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Place yogurt, avocados, garlic, lime, salt, and jalapeno pepper into a large bowl.
- Blend with an immersion hand blender until smooth.
- Add the cilantro, blend for another few seconds.
Serve with my Homemade & Healthy Gluten Free Pita Chips from the prior post! Also a fabulous accompaniment to grilled chicken or makes for a wonderful sandwich spread.