This recipe is delicious! You really can't tell the difference in this carrot cake compared to a carrot cake with gluten. Everyone loved this cake at my pa
- 1 box of your favorite gluten free vanilla cake mix Note: I like the Arrowhead Mills brand
- 1 cup of SO Delicious Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup of Earth Balance buttery spread, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract or 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup each of chopped pecans and raisins (optional)
- shredded coconut for garnishing
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread
- 1/2 cup Daiya cream cheese alternative
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- SO Delicious Coconut Milk to adjust thickness of frosting, if necessary
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of a 9x13 rectangle pan with shortening, or spray with a gluten free cooking spray. Note: I like the Glick's cooking spray which is soy free as well.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, coconut milk, Earth Balance buttery spread, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and eggs on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in carrots. raisins and pecans. Spread in pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely, at least an hour.
- To make the frosting: Beat the Earth Balance buttery spread and Daiya cream cheese alternative until smooth.
- Add the confectioners sugar, vanilla and the salt and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in an additional teaspoon or 2 of the coconut milk if the frosting is too thick to spread.
- Spread the frosting over the cake.
Entered in the SO Delicious 3 Course Recipe Contest. If you would like to vote for my recipe you can do so by going to the following link: http://www.pinterest.com/godairyfree/so-delicious-dairy-free-recipes/ and pinning my recipe. Thanks for your support!
Thanks again for visiting my blog and please do not forget to sign up using the box on the top right to receive all my upcoming email updates via subscription. Have a great day!
Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http:// Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/; DIY Tuesday http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2014/07/gluten-free-diy-tuesday-link-7-22-2014.html,