|Ice Cream Sundae Pie|
Ingredients: Serves 10
- 2 pints of So Delicious Almond Milk Mocha Almond Fudge Frozen Dessert, slightly softened
- 3/4 cups of chopped nuts (optional) Note: I used cashews but you can omit them or use a different nut.
- 1 package Enjoy Life Crunchy Cookies, Vanilla Honey Graham (for the crust)
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread in the red tub, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate fudge sauce Note: I like Wax Orchards Classic Fudge which is a fruit sweetened chocolate sauce made with pineapple, pear, cocoa and vanilla. It can be found on Amazon if it is not available at your local market.
- non dairy whipped topping (optional) Note: I like SoyaToo "Rice Whip" which is gluten, soy and dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cookies in the food processor along with 1/2 cup of cashews; process until finely ground. Add Earth Balance and process until crumbly. Press mixture into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the SO Delicious Frozen Dessert (1pint) into the cooled crust. Spoon 1/2 cup of the fudge sauce over the frozen dessert. Put in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and top the pie with the remaining pint of frozen dessert. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature for 15 minutes; cut into wedges and top with remaining cashews and fudge sauce.
This recipe was shared at Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com