- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 slices of Daiya provolone style cheese alternative
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns Note: I like the Udi's brand although Canyon Bakehouse makes a great tasting one as well. With either one, I don't recommend letting them defrost naturally, but rather keeping them frozen and then microwaving them wrapped in a paper towel on medium for 30 seconds.
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- mustard, avocado, light mayonnaise, ketchup or other condiments of your choice Note: Organicville makes a terrific mustard as well as ketchup and Veganaise makes a wonderful mayonnaise ( the one with the green cap is soy free), all of which are gluten, soy and dairy free.
- gluten free potato chips Note: Kettle brand of potato chips are gluten, soy and dairy free. There are several flovors to choose from. My favorite is the Sea Salt & Vinegar.
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet and swirl around until it coats the entire surface. Add the balsamic vinegar and swirl to mix. heat over high heat until hot.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet with tops facing down. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes. Top each mushroom with a slice of the cheese alternative. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve mushrooms on buns and top with tomato and lettuce. Add additional condiments and serve with potato chips.