Crunchy and spicy are the two things I love most in food. These baked chickpeas are both, plus a tasty and healthy snack. Just toss them with a little olive oil and some spices, then roast in the oven until crunchy. They’ll stay crispy for a few days stored in a container with a tight fitting lid. In addition to a great snack or salad topping these roasted chickpeas make a wonderful gluten free garnish for soup, vegetables or casseroles.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed and spread on paper towels to dry as much as possible
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with oil, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Toss with the parsley and salt.
- Cool completely.
This recipe was shared at AFW. http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2014/01/allergy-free-wednesday-week-102-january.html