Smoothies are a wonderful way to sneak nutrients into a diet, and you can make endless variations. My trick is, don’t use ice but use frozen fruit instead! In one fell swoop, you get the fruit and the ice and so much more flavor. Plus, frozen fruit often tastes better than fresh because they are picked at their ripest, and they require no cleaning or rinsing. Make a large smoothie batch and save the rest for later in the blender. If the mixture separates, give the blender a few turns again.
|Strawberry Banana Smoothies|
Ingredients : Serves 1 to 2
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or blueberries or any other berry, of choice
- for the banana blueberry orange smoothie add 1 medium orange, peeled and halved
- 1 container (6 ounces) of SO Delicious "Greek Style" vanilla flavored coconut or almond yogurt
- 1 cup SO Delicious coconut milk or any other non dairy milk you like
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 6 raw cashews
- fresh fruit for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon chai seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Pour into a tall glass with some ice cubes for a great start to your day!
What is your favorite smoothie? Let us all know. Leave your response in the blog comment section below. Thanks again for visiting my blog and don't forget to sign up via the top right "subscription" box to receive all my upcoming recipes and tips.
This recipe was shared at Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com