|Egg On Bread|
Ingredients per serving:
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of your favorite gluten free bread or can be 2 to make it into a sandwich
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread in the red tub
- Add Earth Balance to a frying pan.
- Cut a hole in the middle of the slice of bread. A perfect item to cut the hole with is a glass; press the glass down on to the slice of bread firmly, and the hole should be easily removed. Note: To make a cool treat for your kids, you can also use fun shaped cookie cutters to cut out the shape in the middle.
- Add the slice of bread to the pan. You can butter the removed "hole" and fry it along with the egg for an added treat!
- Fry the slice of bread on medium until light golden brown. Repeat for the other side.
- Add a little more Earth Balance to the pan in the open hole of the bread. Crack the egg open and drop the egg into the hole.
- Fry the egg and the bread for an additional minute or two. Then, flip to fry the other side. Try spraying the top of the uncooked side with some cooking spray before flipping, to make sure it doesn't stick. Note: Glick's cooking spray is gluten, soy and dairy free.
- Fry the other side for a minute or two. Place on a plate, pour a cup of your favorite breakfast beverage to go with them, and enjoy.
Thanks for visiting my blog and don't forget to sign up for all my upcoming recipes as well as gluten, soy and dairy free product tips via the subscription box on the upper right hand side. Have a great day!