Gluten-Free Cake Bites are a fantastic way to inject a little gluten-free fun into your sweets. They are so easy to make and full of endless decorating possibilities, This recipe is for my Banana Bread Cake Bites made from a packaged gluten free banana bread mix. Your kids will love helping you decorate these for Valentines Day!
|Banana Cake Bites|
Ingredients: Makes about 36 cake bites
- 1 package of your favorite gluten free Banana Bread mix, prepared according to package instructions Note: My favorite is Breads by Anna.
- 1 cup either coconut milk or almond milk "Greek Style" yogurt Note: I like to use the SO Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt either plain or vanilla flavor.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 packages (20 ounces) Enjoy life chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread in the red tub
- Toppings: sprinkles, finely chopped nuts, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, etc.
- Prepare banana bread according to package instructions. Turn bread out onto a cooling rack until cooled completely to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and honey until smooth, making a frosting. In a large bowl, break the banana bread into small pieces, then stir in the yogurt frosting mixture. Use a spoon or your fingers to mix until the yogurt frosting is evenly distributed throughout the banana bread. The mixture should be doughy and hold together easily.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out level tablespoons of the cake mixture and roll into balls between your palms. Place the cake bites on the baking sheet and move to the freezer for at least an hour.
- When the cake bites are completely frozen, melt the chocolate and Earth Balance in a small sauce pan over low heat until almost all of the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and give a few stirs to melt the last bits of chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate into a medium, shallow bowl.
- Working quickly and with your toppings handy, coat the cake bites in the chocolate one by one using two forks. Once a bites is fully covered, use one of the forks to move it back to the baking sheet and sprinkle with topping of choice. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Thanks for visiting my blog and don't forget to sign up for all my upcoming recipes and tips via the subscription box on the upper right side. Have a great day!