- 8 slices of your favorite gluten free bread Note: I used Udi's Millet and Chai gluten free bread.
- 1/2 cup of Daiya cream cheese alternative Note: I used the strawberry flavor but the plain will work well too.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup of gluten free granola
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts or seeds Note: I used sunflower seeds.
- cooking spray Note: I used Glick's which is gluten, soy and dairy free.
- honey for drizzling over the waffles (optional)
- In a small bowl stir together cream cheese and 1 tablespoon honey. Spread one side of all eight bread slices with cream cheese mixture. Top four of the bread slices with strawberries, granola, and nuts or seeds. Top with the remaining four bread slices, spread sides facing down.
This recipe was shared at AFW. http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2014/01/allergy-free-wednesday
Thanks again for visiting my blog. Please do not forget to sign up in the subscription box on the top right side to receive all my upcoming recipes and products tips. Have a great day!