|Chocolate Caramel Nut Popcorn|
Chocolate Caramel Nut Popcorn
- 2 cups roasted salted cashews
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips or chunks Note: "Enjoy life" makes chocolate chips and chunks that are gluten, soy and dairy free.
- 8 cups plain popcorn
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread in the red tub
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Toss together nuts and popcorn in a large bowl.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil, then lightly oil foil and a wooden spoon.
- Melt Earth Balance in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat. Add syrup and salt, then boil, without stirring, until mixture registers 300°F on a candy thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour syrup over nuts and popcorn, stirring briskly with oiled spoon to coat. Immediately spread popcorn in baking pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips for 90 seconds stirring once, until melted. Drizzle over popcorn mixture.
- Cool completely, then break into bite-size pieces.
Toasted Coconut Cornflake Coated Bananas
- 1/3 cup gluten free cornflakes, crushed coarsely
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 3 small bananas
- In a small skillet combine crushed cornflakes and coconut; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until coconut is starting to brown. Remove from heat; set aside. In a small bowl stir together yogurt and almond butter. If desired, sprinkle with a little of the cornflake mixture.
- Slice each banana in half lengthwise and then cut each of the 2 halves into 4 pieces to make eight pieces total per banana. Place each piece, cut side up, on a small plate. Spread peanut butter mixture on the banana pieces. Sprinkle evenly with the cornflake mixture.
Thanks again for visiting my blog! Please do not forget to sign up via the subscription box, to receive all my upcoming recipes as well as gluten, soy and dairy free product tips.