This one I am calling the "Naked Mini Cheesecake Bite" which is just that; a delicious little bite of cheesecake. I topped mine with a little dairy free rice whipped cream and some dark chocolate shavings. I cannot decide which mini cheesecake from this, and my last couple of posts is my favorite. Let us know your favorite, or if you decided to be creative, what you dressed your mini cheesecake bite with.
|Naked Mini Cheesecake Bites|
For the Crust:
- 1 package (14 cookies) Enjoy life Crunchy Cookies, Vanilla Honey Graham flavor. Note: You can also use any other gluten free brand of your choice, however Enjoy life is the only one I have found to be gluten, soy and dairy free.
- 3 tablespoons of Earth Balance buttery spread in the red tub
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the Filling:
- 2 eight ounce containers of Daiya Plain Cream Cheese alternative
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs Note: You can also use "Egg Replacer" if desired.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- SOYATOO Rice Whip which is vegan, gluten, soy and dairy free.
- Enjoy life chocolate bar used for chocolate shavings which is also gluten, soy and dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 1/2 inch paper or foil liners in 12 muffin cups
- Put cookies in the food processor, and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the softened Earth Balance and sugar, and pulse to blend.
- Divide mixture equally among the muffin cups, pressing evenly into the bottom of each cup. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Place cream cheese alternative, sugar, eggs and vanilla in the food processor, mix until smooth. Pour mixture into baked crusts, dividing equally, and filling each cup almost to the top. Bake until set, about 15 minutes. remove from the oven and let cool completely.Transfer to the refrigerator and chill thoroughly.
- Remove muffin pan from refrigerator 15 minutes prior to serving. Carefully remove each cheesecake from it's muffin liner. Top with a dollop of the whipped cream and shaved chocolate. ( You can make shaved chocolate from a chocolate bar by using a vegetable peeler.) Plate and enjoy!