I’ll take peanut butter and jelly in any form. PB & J sandwiches are fine.However, this recipe for Peanut Butter Muffins With Strawberry Jelly-Filled Centers definitely trumps the sandwich. I think these peanut butter and jam muffins would be a great addition to a school lunch or a filling after school snack! They are delicious! It is hard to stop at just one!
|PB&J Gluten and Dairy Free Muffins|
Ingredients: Yields 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup of your favorite gluten free flour mix or coconut flour Note: I like the King Arthur all purpose baking mix.
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 6 ounce container of "Plain" coconut milk "Greek Style" yogurt Note: I like the So Delicious brand.
- 1/4 cup vanilla flavored coconut milk Note: I like the SO Delicious brand.
- 2/3 cup of either peanut or almond butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup applesauce or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Beat together the yogurt, milk, peanut butter, agave syrup, canola (or applesauce), banana, egg and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers. Fill each cup 1/2 full with the batter. Add a teaspoon of jelly, cover completely with remaining batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired. Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes.