For whatever reason strawberries and Valentine's Day seem to go hand and hand. I actually tried to uncover the origin of such tradition, but unfortunately came up empty. Regardless, both strawberries and spinach have many health benefits. They are both excellent sources of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that helps combat infections, as well as containing high amounts of potassium, a mineral that may help promote healthy blood pressure levels. As an added bonus the combination of the two make for a delicious, naturally gluten free, super easy, and beautiful salad. If you have leftover chicken, or if rotisserie chicken is on sale, add that to this recipe and make it a meal!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups cut up cooked chicken (optional)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- In either a small jar with a tight-fitting lid or in a salad dressing shaker, combine oil, honey, cinnamon, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt. Close jar and shake until blended.
- In four bowls, arrange spinach. Scatter chicken and strawberries on top. Drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
Thanks for visiting my blog and don't forget to sign up on the upper right hand side to receive all my upcoming recipes and product tips via email. Have a great day!