Ingredients: Serves 4
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (fig balsamic works great if you have it handy)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
For the salad:
- 1 ½ cups of kale (preferably Lacinato), shredded (about 4-5 leaves)
- 1 ½ cups of brussels sprouts, shredded (about 4-5 sprouts)
- 1 cup of purple cabbage, shredded (about 3-4 leaves)
- 1 cup of broccoli floret tops, shredded (about 4-5 pieces of broccoli)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or currants
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
To make the dressing:
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustards, balsamic, and lemon juice. Then, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until it is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
To assemble the salad:
- Chop all of your ingredients and place them in a large salad bowl along with the currants.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss really well to combine. Toss in slivered almonds. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper to your liking. Sometime I add a splash more vinegar, olive oil, or fresh cracked pepper depending on the taste. Eat immediately after adding the dressing.
This recipe was shared at Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com, Gluten Free Wednesdays
Thanks for visiting my blog and please sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming new seasonal recipes and gluten, soy and dairy free product tips. Have a great day!