|Carrot Coconut Macaroons|
Ingredients: yields 24 macaroons
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup almond butter, stirred well and heated until soft
- 2 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (optional; omit if following a paleo diet)
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll into 24 balls approximately 1 inch in diameter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!