This is my recipe for a creamy, delicious and healthy Chai Banana Pudding, featuring nutrient-rich chia seeds. This creamy breakfast pudding is loaded with fiber, anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. It is a definite upgrade from traditional breakfast cereals! Ounce for ounce, chia seeds contain more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon! In addition this recipe calls for almond and coconut milk making it both gluten and dairy free. Of course do not limit yourself to only having this for breakfast! It is great as an afternoon snack or after dinner treat!
|Chai Banana Pudding|
Ingredients: Yields 2-4 servings, makes approximately 3 cups
- 1 cup lite coconut milk (the canned version)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until a uniform texture is achieved. Transfer to a sealed container and allow to chill overnight. Note: Chia puddings take practice to get the texture “just right,” so feel free to adjust the amount of seeds or liquid to achieve the texture you desire.
- Spoon or pour into bowls and top with fresh banana slices. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/