Ingredients: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups coconut milk Note: I used the SO Delicious brand.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- pinch of cinnamon for garnishing
- Place rice and cinnamon stick in a pot and cover with water. Bring rice to boil, turn down heat and simmer approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla and sugar. Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add lemon rind and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Make sure there is still some of the creamy liquid otherwise it will become more like a cake.
- Serve with cinnamon.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!