Muffins seem to have two functions.There are the breakfast muffins and the sweet, cake like muffins that are really more of a treat. This recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Blueberry Flax Muffins falls into the in later category although still full of super healthy ingredients, which means that these muffins have a moist texture and a full, sweet flavor. In addition to breakfast, try serving these muffins as a healthier dessert choice or as a side with coffee or tea. Perfect for your Mother's Day breakfast!
|Blueberry Flax Muffins|
Ingredients: Yields 12 muffins
- 1 cup ground flax meal (for homemade flax meal, use a clean coffee bean grinder to grind flax seeds)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup blueberries (more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- Place flax meal and almond flour in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add in the applesauce and honey. Fold in the blueberries.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or large spoon to distribute muffin batter evenly (about 2/3 full) into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to completely cool before serving.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com