Some of you may have tried the prepackaged brands of crispy coconut flakes which were my inspiration for this recipe. My version which as always is simple and super easy makes for Crispy Coconut Flake Chips which I am telling you are seriously addicting. Crunchy. Salty. Delicious! I usually make a double batch, and try to make it last a few days. It’s hard. Because they are that good. The kids will love these too!
- 3 1/2 cups organic coconut flakes Note: I used the Let’s Do, Organic Coconut Flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch on cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the coconut, cinnamon and sea salt in a large mixing bowl
- Pour the maple syrup over the coconut mixture and stir immediately. Continue to stir until the coconut is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture on a cookie sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes, making sure to stir every 5 to 7 minutes bringing the whiter coconut pieces up from the bottom and rotating the pan if needed. You want to develop a golden brown color on all the coconut flakes.
- Allow the coconut chips to cool. They will become perfectly crisp.
- Store in an airtight glass container. Enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/