|GF/DF/Grain Free Vanilla Cupcakes|
Recipe: Yields 8 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar Note: Replace powdered sugar with a little honey for paleo option.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt until blended. Whisk in the eggs, honey, coconut oil, non dairy milk, and vanilla until completely blended and smooth.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer baking tin to wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on wire rack; cool completely.
For the coconut whipped cream, put a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator, being careful not to shake it. Let it sit overnight. Take the can out of the refrigerator and pour the liquid (it should be watery) into another container for a later use.
- Place the remaining thick cream in a medium bowl and whip with a hand mixer until it is the consistency of regular whipped cream. Add powdered sugar to your liking, adding more to taste. Spread on the cooled cupcakes. Decorate and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/