|MUSHROOM SPINACH QUINOA SALAD|
- 3/4 cup quinoa Note: I used the red quinoa for this recipe but you can use the plain light colored as well
- 11/4 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 bag baby spinach, rinsed and dried, or 1/2 bunch spinach, stemmed, washed and dried
- 6 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, sliced
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the quinoa in a strainer and rinse several times with cold water. Place in a medium saucepan with 1 1/4 cups water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 15 minutes, until the grains display a threadlike spiral and the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat, remove the lid and place a dish towel over the pan, then return the lid to the pan and let sit for 10 minutes or longer undisturbed. Transfer to a salad bowl and fluff with forks. Allow to cool.
- Add the spinach, mushrooms, walnuts, parsley and optional cheese to the bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the salad just before serving.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/