Jarred artichoke hearts are one of those pantry items that we keep around just for the times when we are in a pinch and need something extra to put in our meal. All we have to do is open the jar, drain the artichoke quarters, and throw them in a pan or toss in a salad! Do you keep them in your pantry too? Today I decided to make a quick and easy (mayo-free) CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE, which makes for both a wonderful lunch or a quick and easy dinner! Also great for potlucks, picnics or a carry along delicious lunch!
|CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE SALAD|
Recipe: Serves 4
- 2 cup cooked chicken, cut into chunks Note: This is a great use of that leftover chicken or you can use a cooked organic rotisserie chicken if you are pressed for time.
- 1 cup bell peppers of your choice; de-seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 12 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, including the crisp part of the green shoot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 to a cup of Lemon and Olive Oil Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Cut everything up and put in a mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing (see below), and toss to coat.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Combine the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest and pepper in a bowl; whisk to blend. Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream and whisk until emulsified; set aside. Salt to taste.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/ , DIY Tuesday http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2014/07/gluten-free-diy-tuesday-link-7-22-2014.html