This versatile and easy recipe for a "GF/DF and Grain Free Thumbprint Cookies" could not be simpler or yummier! Switch things up by using several different jams or jellies. These are really delicious and have become a tradition for my family.
Recipe: Yields about 24 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Thick fruit preserves, for the filling Note: I used raspberry preserves for mine.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Form the dough into one tablespoon-sized scoops and roll them into balls using your hands. Place the balls onto a lightly greased baking sheet and slightly flatten them.
- Using your thumb, press into each cookie leaving a thumbprint in the center. Add a small amount of jam or other filling in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown along edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. These thumbprint cookies are best served the same day because almond flour tends to soften quickly.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription box on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/