This Asian Cabbage Slaw recipe is made with the rice vinegar, a little honey, agave nectar, sesame seeds, almonds and some seasoning. Aside from a good dressing, I like my vegetables crisp and refreshing and that is why I prefer this coleslaw over the traditional mayo based ones. I find that using rice vinegar blends perfectly with the vegetables to create a really amazing flavor while preserving the texture and moisture content of the cabbage.
|Asian Cabbage Slaw|
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head chinese cabbage; shredded thin
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons organic raw agave nectar, to taste
- a small pinch of cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Toss the shredded cabbage and scallions in a large bowl and stir to mix. Drizzle with the olive oil; enough to coat, but do not drown it.
- Sprinkle with vinegar, agave nectar, cumin, honey, almonds, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat.
- Taste test to see if it needs a little more more oil, vinegar, or salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2014/08/allergy-free-wednesday-132.html This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/; DIY Tuesday http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2014/07/gluten-free-diy-tuesday-link-7-22-2014.html