Roasted Cauliflower is delicious. Roasted orange and purple cauliflower is even better. I found some beautiful, and not to mention colorful, organic orange and purple cauliflower at the farmer’s market the other day and I was just dying to make something with it. I decided to go ahead and roast it but also thought I would add some oranges to give it a little citric flavor and some sliced almonds for some crunch. I have to say this is so good! No idea why I have not tried this combination before? I think I can eat the entire bowl!
|Roasted Cauliflower With Oranges and Almonds|
- 1 each whole orange and purple cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 orange; peeled and separated into sections
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from one whole lemon
- pinch of cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread out florets in a single layer on a large cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and cumin over the florets.
- Squeeze lemon juice, evenly coating florets.
- Generously drizzle on the olive oil; and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper over florets (about one teaspoon total).
- Bake for 45 minutes (tossing occasionally) or until tender and browned on top
- Transfer to a large bowl; add orange segments and sliced almonds and toss gently.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2014/09/allergy-free-wednesday-133.html recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's :http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-wednesdays/; DIY Tuesday http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2014/07/gluten-free-diy-tuesday-link-7-22-2014.html