Molasses spice cookies are sort of like ginger snaps except bigger and chewy. These GF/DF/ Grain Free Molasses Cookies are some of the best cookies I have ever tasted. So good it is so hard to believe they are gluten free. I served these recently to guests, many of which are either allergic, intolerant, or with long-term celiac disease and all agreed that these cookies get top marks! They are chewy, very ginger-y, and the molasses is perfectly gooey.
- 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 3/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 2 teaspoons raw organic sugar cane (optional for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a or by hand, beat together the almond butter, molasses, honey, coconut oil, eggs and freshly grated ginger until smooth.
- In a second large bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, salt and all of your spices, to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined. Using a tablespoon scoop about 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough for each cookies and form it into a ball. Place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Gently press them down into disks and sprinkle with a little raw sugar (optional).
- Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center (the cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crackle more as they cool), about 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets out of the oven then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.