|CHOCOLATE RICE PUDDING|
Recipe: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup Arborio rice Note: For those following a Paleo diet please see my basic "Cauliflower Rice Recipe" to use as a substitute for arborio rice.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks Note: I like the "Enjoy life" brand as it is gluten, soy and dairy free
- 8 drops Vanilla Creme Sweet Drops to taste Note: If you prefer you can use 1/2 cup of sugar or equivalent amount of regular Stevia.
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, vanilla, rice*, sugar, and orange zest.
- Bring the milk to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the rice is tender and the mixture thickens, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chunks and stir until melted. Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the rice pudding into serving bowls. Cover and refrigerate for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
*Preparation if you are using the "Cauliflower Rice": Rice the cauliflower and place it into a large skillet with about 1 teaspoon of oil cooking over medium high heat 10 to 15 minutes until edges just barely turn golden. Set aside and do not recook it in Step 1 above. Add the cauliflower rice to the milk mixture in Step 3 above.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!