|FRUIT AND NUT ENERGY BARS|
Recipe: Yields about 24 bars
- 1 cup dried fig, chopped
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 11/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest (from 1 medium orange)
- coconut oil, melted for greasing the baking pan
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 13 x 9 baking pan with the melted coconut oil and then line with parchment paper leaving a few inches hanging over the sides of the pan for easy lifting later. Set aside. Stir together flour, cocoa powder and orange zest in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Add almonds, raisins, dates, coconut, bananas and figs and stir to coat.
- Pour the honey into a small saucepan and place over low heat. Increase heat to medium and cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 245 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 6 minutes. Immediately pour over the fruit and nut mixture and working quickly, stir until dry ingredients are coated. Transfer to the prepared pan and, with moistened hands, press evenly into the pan.
- Bake until mixture has puffed slightly about 35 minutes.The mixture will be soft and sticky to the touch. Transfer to a rack to cool to room temperature, at least 2 hours. Remove from the pan (by lifting the parchment paper that was hanging over the sides).
- Cut into about 24 squares.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday, www.realfoodallergyfree.com
http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2014/09/allergy-free-wednesday-133.html This recipe was shared at : Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesday's ; DIY Tuesday http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2014/07/gluten-free-diy-tuesday-link-7-22-2014.html