GF/DF Chocolate Chip Caramel Brownies! Just saying that makes my mouth water.These are quite possibly some of the most luscious, decadent brownies I have ever tasted. A blondie chocolate chip brownie base cooks alone and is then smothered with a Creamy Homemade Caramel Sauce and finally topped with chocolate chips and nuts. (The nuts, of course, are totally optional especially since many of you have an allergy to certain or all nuts.) The Homemade Caramel Sauce is made with just a few ingredients and takes only minutes to make. It just could not get any easier and it tastes so good!
|CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES WITH CARAMEL TOPPING|
|HOMEMADE CARAMEL SAUCE|
Recipe: Yields 16 bars
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips: Note: Enjoylife brand is gluten, soy and dairy free.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- additional chocolate chips and pecan halves for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-x-8-inch square baking pan with a little coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Add the brown sugar and heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the applesauce to the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 33 minutes, until brownies are set and light golden brown.
- Cool, top with the Caramel Sauce, additional chocolate chips and pecan halves. Cut into bars.
- Put the sugar into a sauce pan. Cover the sugar in the pan with the water. Cook the sugar and water over medium heat.
- Bring the sugar to a boil. (Have your coconut milk, salt and vanilla ready to go.)
- When it starts to bubble, keep a close eye on it. This takes about 10 minutes.
- When it turns a dark golden amber color pour in the coconut milk and add the vanilla and sea salt. It will bubble like crazy. Just keep whisking and and the sauce will all come together.
- Allow the caramel to cool to room temperature. It will thicken up as it sits. Keep any extra in the fridge.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday,
Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://,