Recipe: Yields 12 servings
- 4 pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 large sweet tart apples, such as Empire, Cameo or Braeburn, unpeeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450° degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes, apples, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Stir in sage and continue roasting until very tender and starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Transfer about one-third of the sweet potatoes and apples to a blender along with 2 cups broth. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a Dutch oven and repeat for two more batches. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, and heat through over medium low heat, stirring constantly to prevent splattering, for about 10 minutes. Serve each portion topped with pecans and a drizzle of olive oil.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday,
Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://,