|Fall Apple, Pear and Spinach Salad|
Recipe: Serves 4
- 2 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced (I used Green Anjou pears which are sweet with a smooth and juicy texture.)
- 2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced (I used Empire apples which are a cross between McIntosh and Red Delicious Red; a sweet, tart apple and excellent for salads.)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- dash ground black pepper
- dash of sea salt
- 1/3 olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or fresh apple cider
- 1 tablespoon honey (Note: if you are following Whole 30 omit the honey from this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place pears and apples in a bowl; drizzle with lemon juice. Fill bowl with enough water to cover pears and apples. Place a small plate over pears and apples to submerge them in the water with lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl combine spinach and cranberries; set aside.
- For dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, pepper, salt and dry mustard. Add to spinach and cranberries.
- Drain apples and pears; add to spinach mixture and toss gently. If desired sprinkle with additional cranberries. (Note: If you are not dairy free or nut free feel free to add a little goat cheese and/or pecans and toss in gently.) Enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesdays,
Full Plate Thursday, http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://,