|OVEN BAKED CHICKEN CACCIATORE|
|CHICKEN IN THE OVEN BAG READY FOR COOKING|
- 1 whole chicken; cut up with skin on or chicken parts
- 1 large onion; diced
- **1/2 cup GF All Purpose Flour Note: I like the "Bob's Red Mill" (For those following a Paleo or Whole 30 diet omit this ingredient.)
- 1 can artichoke hearts; drained and cut up
- 1 14 ounce jar of your favorite GF Marinara sauce or homemade sauce
- 1 oven cooking bag Note: I used a Reynolds Turkey Oven Bag but you can also use their large oven bag.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set up oven cooking bag in a oven safe baking dish. Dredge each piece of chicken separately in the all purpose gf flour. Place inside the oven bag in a single layer.
- Add onion and artichokes to the chicken in the bag and distribute evenly. Pour marinara sauce over chicken, artichoke and onion mixture already in the oven bag, making sure to spread it around so it covers all the chicken.
- Close the oven bag up (letting out as much air as possible) and tie either in a knot or with the twist tie enclosed in the package of oven bags. Prick several fork holes in the bag and place on the middle rack of your oven. Cook for 55 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Carefully open the bag and pour out the chicken and sauce back into the baking dish. Note: I usually place the baking dish in the sink while I do this to avoid splattering the sauce all over. Return the chicken to the oven leaving it uncovered and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve. Delicious with some healthy broccoli or pair this with your favorite gluten free pasta. Enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
This recipe was shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesdays, http://apriljharris.com/2014/10/hearth-soul-hop-october-20/