|Brussels Sprouts and Red Onions With Balsamic Glaze|
Recipe: Serves 8 (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound red onions, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup Note: Can be omitted if following the Whole 30 Diet
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 450° degrees. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice brussels sprouts in half, place on prepared baking sheet. Add oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and pepper; toss well to coat. Roast, stirring and rotating pan halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, maple syrup and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; set over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring frequently, until thick and syrupy, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon Brussels sprouts into a serving dish; drizzle with syrup mixture just before serving.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!