For those of you who like crumb topping as much as cake, this recipe is definitely for you. A thick layer of cinnamon crumb topping sits on top of a moist, soft and simple cake to make this mouthwatering coffee cake.This recipe for a GF/DF Crumble Coffee Cake is extra heavy on the crumbs because as we all know they are the best part!
|GF/DF Crumble Coffee Cake|
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil; melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting on the top, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir coconut oil, egg, vanilla and honey together in a bowl.
- In a second (small) bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet along with milk, and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a prepared 8x8 baking pan sprayed with either a little cooking spray or greased with coconut oil.
- Rinse and dry bowl (for making the topping) and add light brown sugar, flours and cinnamon and stir, combining well. Pour melted coconut oil over flour mixture, and toss with a rubber spatula until large crumbs form. Spread the topping over the cake batter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit at least 30 minutes prior to serving so the topping firms up. Dust with a little powdered sugar, if desired.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!