With the holidays right around the corner I thought I would share one of my all time most highly requested family favorite easy to make desserts. This gluten and dairy free recipe for Mini Pecan Tarts is incredibly sweet and delicious and will without doubt be gobbled up quickly, so if you are like me you may want to make a double batch.
|GF/DF Mini Pecan Tarts|
Recipe: Yields 9 tarts
- 3 ounces cream cheese substitute, softened Note: I used the Daiya brand which is gf/df and soy free.
- 1/2 cup *coconut spread (butter substitute), softened
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour, sifted Note: I like the Bob's Red Mill brand
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum if your gluten free flour does not already contain it
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon *butter substitute, melted
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese substitute and butter substitute together, stir in gluten free flour and xanthan gum if using. Chill dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with a little of the butter substitute.
- Shape dough into balls and place in muffin tins, press dough up the sides and bottom of the muffin cups.You need to work fairly quickly while the dough is chilled and still firm so it does not stick to your hands. You can flour your hands a little if necessary if it does begin to stick.This amount of dough should makes 9 little tarts.
- Make filling by beating together the egg,1 tablespoon of melted butter substitute, maple syrup, salt and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the pecans.
- Spoon filling into the muffin cups, being careful not to overfill.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Filling should puff up and pecans should look toasted.
- Cool slightly. Loosen from muffin tin carefully and finish cooling on a plate. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!