Green Beans Almondine is a versatile vegetable side dish. It is quick and simple enough to throw together on a busy weeknight but nice enough to serve to guests. This is a classic American dish and always on my holiday table!
|GREEN BEANS ALMONDINE|
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic; minced
- black Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- sea salt, for seasoning water
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Have a large bowl of ice water ready.
- In a large skillet melt a tablespoon of coconut oil. Add in the sliced almonds, stirring occasionally until toasted and golden. Remove to a small bowl and set them aside.
- Drop the green beans into the salted boiling water for two to three minutes. Immediately remove and plunge them into the bowl of ice water, to retain that bright green color.
- Drain and shake off any excess water before placing the green beans in the hot skillet with the coconut oil. Toss and cook the beans for a few minutes to get them hot again. Add the garlic and lemon juice. Season with a generous amount of black pepper and toss, cooking until the green beans are to your liking.
- Add the toasted almonds back in to the skillet, toss and serve! Enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
Weekend Retreat, Foodie Friends Friday