|Pumpkin Cupcakes With Maple Frosting|
Recipe: Makes 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk Note: I used coconut milk, but feel free to use whatever non dairy milk you like.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar, more if needed
1/3 cup chilled soft non dairy cream cheese Note: I used the "Daiya" brand plain cream cheese alternative
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pour the powdered sugar into a clean mixing bowl and add the cream cheese. Start beating to combine the cream cheese and sugar. Add maple syrup a tablespoon at a time, just until the frosting is soft and smooth. You may not need all 3 tablespoons.
- Beat on medium-high for a minute or two until the frosting is glossy, fluffy and smooth. Cover and chill as the cupcakes cool.
- Use a clean knife to frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle a little additional cinnamon on the cupcakes.
- Chill in the fridge briefly to set the frosting. ENJOY!!!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!