|GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE MUD PIE|
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 (packed) cup pitted dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and drained
- 12 ounce Daiya cream cheese alternative
- 2 cups Enjoy life chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the crust by pulsing walnuts and cocoa powder in a food processor until it resembles a fine meal. Remove and set aside.
- Place soaked dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain and it is sticky. Add back in the walnut/cocoa meal and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a glass pie pan lightly oiled with coconut oil. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the crumbs and press with your hands to form a uniform crust that goes up the sides of the pie dish. Put in the freezer to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave. Once melted, work quickly to add to a blender along with the cream cheese alternative, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour over crust and smooth. Cover and freeze until set. Alternatively, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. For easiest serving and longer storage, freeze.
- Serve and top with . (Note: SO Delicious now makes a fabulous coconut whipped topping sold in the frozen food section of Whole Foods which is a great alternative to making your own coconut whipped cream.) This pie will keep in the fridge for several days, or freeze for up to a few weeks, covered tightly.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!