Note: If you are looking for crispy gingerbread men, I suggest letting them cool thoroughly for several hours and not sealing them in a air tight container. However, if you like your gingerbread chewy, then they will stay that way by cooling, and then storing them in an air tight container. Either way they are really yummy!
Recipe: makes 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup well mashed sweet potato (about 1/2 a medium sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, heat molasses to a boil.
- Add maple syrup, sweet potato, and coconut milk to sauce pan.
- Stir ingredients until combined, then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir until batter is fully blended.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper, until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut batter with cookie cutters of choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Let cool, decorate as desired, and enjoy.
- Beat together softened coconut oil with maple syrup and vanilla until fluffy.
- Put in a small piping bag, or alternatively in a small sandwich bag, and cut a tiny hole to squeeze frosting out onto gingerbread men.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!