Recipe: Makes 1 regular or 2 mini loaves
- 11/2 cups almond flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11/2 cups grated zucchini, water squeezed out*
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* Tip for removing excess water from the zucchini: Once your zucchini is shredded, you need to remove the excess liquid, and zucchini has a lot of it. What I did was place a couple paper towels down on the counter, putting the grated zucchini on top, and then placing another paper towel on top of the zucchini and squeezing until no more liquid will come out. Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini feels as though there is no more water in it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease either one standard or two mini bread loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients excluding zucchini in a stand mixer and beat on medium for about 2 minutes. Alternatively, combine in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously.
- Add zucchini and mix until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients, add walnuts and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into a standard size loaf pan (9 x 5 x 2 1/2) or two mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer bread out of loaf pan and cool on a wire rack.
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!