|"MEATLESS" SOY AND GLUTEN FREE MEATBALLS|
Recipe: Makes about 24 meatballs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lightly toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup cleaned diced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic and sauté until onions are golden, about 10 minutes. In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients and process until almost smooth. Add onion/mushroom/garlic mixture and process until combined.
- Using a small melon ball scooper or tablespoon, scoop out mounds of mixture, roll into balls, and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until tops are browned. Serve immediately. Leftovers maybe frozen or stored in refrigerator for 3 days.
Note: If you want to make a "meatloaf" out of this recipe, simply pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. Then pour your favorite barbecue sauce on top. Delicious!
Don't forget to check out my Weekly Grocery Specials found under pages in the side bar. This is a new addition to my blog. Additionally, please remember to sign up via the subscription or " follow by email box" on the upper right side to receive all my upcoming recipes, product tips and grocery specials. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!